The TGSA South Padre Island Open Presented by South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau has been POSTPONED due to current minimal conditions, forecast and the expected frontal passage late Saturday. This frontal passage is expected to bring strong north winds and unfavorable side shore currents/conditions at the competition site.  This contest is currently a day and half contest.  The long range forecast for next weekend is looking much better with an expected solid Southeast flow which is much more favorable for running the event.  Next call April 29th/30th.

There is still time to get your entries in for SPI if you have not already done so. Please email your desire to surf the contest to jdblaha.tgsa@gmail.com.  Online registration has been closed.  Thanks for you patience as we work to get this event wrapped up and onward to the Texas State Surfing Championships next month.